Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day One

My first day in England has been a blur of flying and moving suitcases in pursuit of my Great Dover Street apartment. The traveling all went very well, but I am extremely happy to be settled in the the place. Blake Christopher is my roommate, and I can tell we will make "jolly good chums." That's my best stab at what a real English person would say.

Joanna Englert and Alexis Schuman are our next door neighbors and fellow ESU scholars. We have all had a great first day of resting post-flying, as well as going to a great pub called "The Trinity" for burgers and drinks. Now we are winding down the day across the street from our apartment after wandering around the surrounding area at a bar called "The Roebuck," where I will forever say I had my first Guinness in England.

Hopefully tomorrow we can get a full day in of sightseeing and celebrate our English Fourth of July a little more situated with the time change. Thanks again for reading, I think tomorrow we are going to try and get a bus tour of the city to see some of the major sights and get a better understanding of the city's layout.

-Benjamin

1 comment:

  1. Good. You're my little brother after all for having a real Guinness.

    ReplyDelete